Assessing neuromotor readiness for learning is a substantially revised and expanded edition of a long established INPP training manual that has been consistently proven in practice. The package includes tests for children, a developmental movement programme, and information about online access to INPP video training materials.
- Based on the proven INPP model for neuromotor development screening and intervention, which is unique in having been rigorously evaluated in research and practice.
- Expands and revises an INPP manual which has previously only been available to training customers, and which is a foundation stone of the overall INPP approach.
- Places emphasis on children’s physical development and how neuro-motor skills provide the foundations for learning success.
- The package includes batteries of tests for younger and older children, a developmental movement programme.
- This book may be supported and enhanced by INPP video training materials and score sheets, available for download purchase from the INPP website.
A significant number of children in mainstream schools suffer from neuromotor immaturity. While several motor training and movement programmes are available, the INPP model is unique in having been rigorously evaluated in research and practice, and has consistently proved more effective than rivals or general movement activities in improving neuromotor performance.
Assessing Neuromotor Readiness for Learning is based on an established training manual which has been in use as part of INPP’s popular training courses, and is a foundation stone of the overall INPP approach. This new text has now been substantially revised and expanded to include information normally only delivered in training, as well as new illustrations throughout.
The manual is organized into three sections. The first offers a battery of tests to assess key reflexes and visual perception in children aged 4-7; the second provides a similar series for children aged 7 and a half and over. The third section details a complete developmental movement programme designed for use with whole classes or smaller groups over the course of one academic year. This book may be supported and enhanced by INPP video training materials and score sheets, available for download purchase from the INPP website.